( https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Surterra-Wellness/Jobs )
Surterra Wellness (Surterra) is one of the fastest growing health and wellness companies in the United States (US) with a broad portfolio of high-quality brands designed to meet the needs of individuals who choose the natural medical relief and wellness enhancing of cannabis products. We are looking for a Manufacturing Training Specialist to support our processing technicians and cultivation assistants mostly in Florida, and other states as needed.
With the Manufacturing team as your primary client, you will participate in planning, developing, and facilitating training programs that enable learning of all equipment and processes, with a particular focus on compliance. You will ensure that training is aligned with the critical needs as outlined by the Manufacturing & Cultivation management teams.
We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for an individual with the ability to quickly learn and synthesize processes and the use of new equipment, while also understanding the operational and compliance challenges that are unique to our industry. We are seeking a savvy, agile, inquisitive, learner-centered trainer with a proven track record of successful training outcomes. Someone who is well organized and flexible with a high degree of accountability, is able to plan, prioritize and organize in a fast-pace, rapidly changing environment is required. A gifted communicator with the ability to build relationships and earn trust will excel with our diverse learners.
Working at Surterra combines the excitement of a small company, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. If you have a passion to make a difference in the health and wellness of people around the world, Surterra offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become expert in all manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with managers and supervisors to identify training needs and gaps.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Conduct training sessions with individuals and groups, via teleconferencing and in person (travel required).
- Translate SOPs into easy to consume training courses.
- Apply tested instructional design and adult learning theories, practice and methods.
- Develop a variety of curricula (simulations, e-learning, user guides, video).
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Develop formative and summative assessments that show evidence of training efficacy.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Implement use of L.M.S for delivering training materials and tracking completion.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of training experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing processes and 5S methodology.
- (Preferred) An understanding of cannabis processing.
- (Preferred) Experience developing online learning.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Deep understanding of adult learning theories.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven follow through on initiatives.
- Constant focus on the learner experience.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- (Preferred) Fluent in Spanish.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office Constantly operates a computer.
- Ability to travel and work in off-hours.
- Ability to fly to other offices and states in the middle of the work week.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers and with external partners, vendors, and media.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and un-chartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.