Marketing Coordinator, Social Media – VidaCann – Jacksonville, FL
MAKE HISTORY WITH VIDACANN. VidaCann is proud to be one of the largest and most advanced providers of medical cannabis in Florida. We’re on a mission: To help create and sustain a culture of real health both for individuals and for communities using the unique power of safe, effective, all-natural cannabis medicine. We’re expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal.
A career at VidaCann combines the exhilaration of a start-up with the development opportunities of a major corporation. VidaCann is full of innovative, passionate individuals on a mission to change the world.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to grow our community through social media and other marketing efforts at our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL or remotely.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Marketing Coordinator will foster our social channels and engage our community on a daily basis, with the goal of turning visitors into customers. You will utilize loyalty programs and email/text message marketing campaigns to inform, incentivize, and ultimately retain customers. You will leverage social channels to convey the VidaCann brand in a positive, authentic way to help aid and elevate the cannabis conversation. You will be responsible for the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content. You will identify target consumers by platform and speak to each platform’s unique style and audience. You will listen, respond, ask questions, and engage the community, responding to posts, direct messages, and reviews quickly and in a professional manner. You will measure, analyze, and establish ROI by determining the KPI’s that matter most to each platform’s success. You will be reporting to the Marketing Manager.
- Create, curate, and manage published content
- Execute social media strategy in partnership with the marketing department
- Manage and execute email and text message marketing campaigns
- Monitor, listen, and respond to community in a timely fashion
- Actively follow competitors, relevant lifestyle topics, and popular sites to uncover trends as they happen. This also includes identifying new trends in tech and social media applications
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of efforts using appropriate KPIs to maximize and optimize results
- Perform routine maintenance of website, social media, and business accounts to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date
- Nurture and expand community and influencer outreach efforts
- Place orders for marketing materials, promotional items, etc.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Competencies:
- Social media marketing and content creation experience required
- Email or text message marketing experience required
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) and how each platform can be leveraged effectively
- Strong copywriting/editing/proofreading skills
- Experience monitoring and responding to consumers on social media channels
- Knowledge of Google My Business, Yelp, WeedMaps, and other business accounts a plus
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Superior time management, communication, and detail orientation
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)