Job Title: Materials Manager
Department: Supply Chain/Operations
Reports to: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Regular-Exempt
Salary: Fixed + Bonus
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Role Summary: ?
The Materials Manager manages all material warehouse operations and inventory control performance within the operations facility. The Materials Manager maximizes manufacturing efficiency, minimizes costs, and drives product quality. This position oversees employees to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of supplies, raw materials, and finished goods. The Materials Manager oversees packaging, inventory management, vendor/supplier management, and inbound/outbound logistics of raw materials. The Materials Manager is a pivotal player in the inventory control process. This position helps Trulieve identify problems as we develop, manufacture, store, and virtually/physically transact products. The Materials Manager must be able to create strategies by analyzing information and processes and present their findings. The voice of the Materials Manager impacts all aspects of the manufacturing process. Candidates should be strong communicators who love to collaborate with others. Materials Management requires an understanding of accounting, legal documents, and to build lasting relationships as they increase efficiency and focus on quality, supplier management, warehouse, production, and transportation optimization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, state regulations, or laws
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Diagram/value stream map supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers dispensaries) and suppliers.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists for budgetary accuracy.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.?
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Monitor forecasts and market reactions to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain and material processes.?
- Collaborate with other departments, such as purchasing, marketing, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Design or implement supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, takt times, position responsibilities, or system flows in coordination with the department manager.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production raw materials or finished products.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost, delivery, quality, and performance for both Trulieve and suppliers.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Conduct or oversee the conduct of life cycle analyses to determine the environmental impacts of products, processes, or systems.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert wastes to by-products.
- Locate or select biodegradable, non-toxic, or other environmentally friendly raw materials for manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Logistics.
- 5+ Years’ experience as Supply Chain or Logistics Manager on Manufacturing Environment.
- Master Degree is a plus
- Knowledge on SAP Hana is a plus
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items.
- Understanding of principals of accounting or finance.
- Must be able to comprehend and direct decisions over legal documents.
- Strong communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships with people all over the world.
- Ability to foster a winning culture and process driven environment, to motivate a team to deliver success consistently.
- Utilize data to drive decision making and continuous improvement.
- Exhibit an extreme ownership mentality over responsibilities and department.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Must be local, this is not a remote position
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace