Concordia Village of Tampa (formerly John Knox Village) is looking for a Medical Records Clerk to join our caring team! Visit our career page at www.ConcordiaCareers.org or visit us at 4100 E. Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, FL 33613.
The Medical Records Clerk is responsible for filing, retrieving, delivering and maintaining patient medical records and performing other related functions in the medical records department. This individual may be called upon to function as a unit clerk if necessary.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Active CNA license
3. Computer experience and ability to use various software packages
4. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
5. Excellent organizational skills and ability to do multiple tasks amongst interruptions
6. Healthcare experience preferred including knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare policies/procedures
7. Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, inspectors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Retrieves medical record and reviews them for completeness, assembling records into closed chart order in a timely manner as required by regulation.
2. Files records in designated areas according to year and alphabetic order.
3. Monitors – medical records for required items, reporting discrepancies to the Director of Nursing.
4. Files any loose documentation into patient records as necessary.
5. Checks filing shelves periodically for acuteness and correct filing.
6. Follows Concordia’s policy/procedure for the shortage, retention and destruction of medical records, recording information on the medical records log as indicated.
7. Assists in breaking down and purging medical records as needed.
8. Retrieves and files medical records as needed.
9. Completes unit clerk duties when called upon on a PRN basis (see unit clerk job description).
10. Answers call bells as needed.
11. In a staffing crisis situation, may be assigned to Nursing Assistant duties on a specific unit if qualified (must hold current Certified Nursing Assistant license ).
12. Performs other job related duties as required.
13. Commits to high ethical standards and complies with the Code of Conduct, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and Concordia policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of resident and employee records and information. Has a duty to report compliance concerns, significant legal risk questions, fraud, abuse, suspected or actual misconduct to a supervisor/manager or to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Records: 1 year (Preferred)
- Active FL CNA (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement