9:00 AM ET
With the NBA season tipping off this week, here’s a look at the betting market around the country — including the teams attracting the most and least action, the biggest bets and some of the odds that have been on the move.
Lots of Lakers love
• The defending champion Los Angeles Lakers are the consensus favorites to win a second straight championship, with odds around +275 at United States sportsbooks. The Milwaukee Bucks (+600), LA Clippers (+600) and Brooklyn Nets (+600) make up the next tier of contenders.
• At Caesars Sportsbook by William Hill U.S., 57% of the money that has been bet on the odds to win the NBA championship is on the Lakers. That’s more than on the next five teams combined.
• Teams that have attracted the most money to win the title:
• The two largest bets placed on William Hill’s odds to win the championship are both on the Lakers: $20,000 at +300 to win a net $60,000, and $10,000 at +250 to win a net $25,000.
• At DraftKings, the Lakers have attracted the most money to win the title in six of the nine states in