Job Title: Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Regular; Non-Exempt
Location: Holyoke, MA
The Office Manager administers office activities and services to achieve maximum productivity and expense control. The Office Manager will support the facility leadership team with records maintenance, document preparation, mail distribution, reception duties, maintains office equipment, orders general office supplies/services and other related internal operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Point person for housekeeping, maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills, visitors, and errands;
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments;
- Manage facility leaderships? schedules, calendars and appointments as requested;
- Implement and organize office operations and procedures;
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment;
- Provide general support to visitors;
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed;
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current;
- Execute procedures for record keeping;
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures;
- Monitor, order, stock, and maintain office supplies inventory;
- Gathers information to create purchasing lists, completing the necessary documentation for purchases, and making purchases as approved by the General Manager;
- Submit office supply acquisitions in the ERP system;
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment;
- Arranges travel arrangements and reservations for site leadership, as needed;
- Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate, and/or format data and/or reports;
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality;
- Exercises administrative judgment; assuming responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results impacting staff, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area;
- Respond to, or prepare responses to inquiries for review by the General Manager;
- Independently creates well-organized, grammatically correct memos, bulk emails and reports for distribution;
- Provide support for regulatory inspections or other audits as assigned;
- Assists with special events planning;
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals and reviewing of industry publications;
- Other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma required;
- BSc or BA degree in office administration of related field of study, preferred;
- 3-5 years? experience in an Office Manager or related role;
- Experience in a manufacturing facility, preferred;
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures;
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience (year for year management experience can be substituted for education);
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with personnel and government agencies.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Must be flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age (legal requirement).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks.
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 45+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.