Oil Production Manager
Location: Quincy, FL
We are looking for an experienced Oil Production Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of our Oil Extract products. You will be ultimately responsible for the Safety, Quality and Productivity of all Oil Production employees, lines, and output of our extracted oil products. We expect you to have significant know-how in production processes and procedures for GMP certified manufacturing. The ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance is required. Must possess a strong decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Under direction of the Site Manager and Assistant Processing Manager, the Oil Production Manager is responsible for the operation of the batching and oil products production process, while ensuring the safe, accurate, and timely production of products. The Oil Production Manager?s duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Ensures equipment operates in a safe and efficient manner
- Achieves and reports 5S standards for equipment and production area
- Ensures training for all safety related activities has been completed and all employees are safety aware
- Establish and maintain compliance to current GMP, safety programs
- Clearly communicate any safety issues from the shift
- Ensures all quality systems are being followed in cooperation with the Quality Manager
- Ensures quality measures and KPI are in control
- Ensures compliance with necessary cGMP standards and Governing agencies
- Direct management of the Shift Supervisors and Lead employees in oil production and oil batching
- Work closely with planning, extraction, quality, supply chain, and maintenance departments to ensure meeting daily goals and KPIs? for oil production
- Recommend staffing requirements for the oil production in meeting scheduled workloads
- Ensure that corporate policy is strictly followed in all personnel or environmental issues
- Propose and lead continues improvements in the production and batching areas
- Complete RCPS (Root Cause Problem Solving) and action plans as required
Essential Work Experience and Qualifications
- Understands Measures and KPI to achieve company goals
- Interpretation of equipment and product data
- Solid root cause problem solving capability (identify to root cause)
- Basic Lean principles and tools including 5S, Standard Work and Sustainability
- Understand and lead site safety policies and procedures within department
- Must be able to identify and immediately communicate to HR any incidents that may require disciplinary actions
- Ability to maintain accountability for training of processes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Personnel disciplinary management and coaching abilities
- Work in a team-based environment (shared ownership and responsibility)
- Ensure direct reports are working towards successful completion of their KPIs
- Strong organizational skills (time and physical area)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP)
- Take ownership of critical KPIs and develop action plans to improve
- Lean manufacturing techniques and background (Kaizen, DMAIC, 6s, etc.)
Minimum Education and Experience
- 4 to 5 years? experience in manufacturing operations
- 3 to 4 years? experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- GMP manufacturing experience.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group.
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks.
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection).
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details.
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc., in moderate noise.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 50 hours per week and will be available ?after hours? if an emergency should arise. We are an EOE company.