Oil Production Supervisor
Reports to: Oil Value Stream Manager
Location: Higdon, FL
Shifts Available: 1 day / 1 night
With 64+ Cannabis dispensaries in the sunshine state alone, ?We are Florida?. As one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, there has never been a better time to join a company that is making history, breaking records, while curing hearts and minds. Challenging, fulfilling, and innovating are at the core of our Operations. Want to take your career to new heights? Look no further!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures/Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Achieves and reports 5S standards for equipment and manufacturing area
- Actively participates in BOSS (Behavioral Observation Safety System) and necessary audits
- Champions incident investigation process
- Facilitates appropriate training for all safety related activities
- Establish and maintain compliance to current GMP, safety programs
- Communicate any safety issues from the shift
- Conducts in-process quality check and takes necessary actions for non-compliance
- Understands quality measures and KPI linkage to site results and vision
- Ensures compliance with necessary CGMP standards
- Direct supervision of the area employees. Lead DDS between shift changes.
- Interacts with the schedulers, batching, filling, shipping, and maintenance departments to develop schedules and ensure meeting objectives to create the best schedule for production.
- Establish staffing requirements to achieve compliance in meeting scheduled workloads.
- Ensure that corporate policy is followed in reference to all personnel or environmental issues.
- Assist department managers in development and achievement of department objectives.
- Understand and respects operation measures and KPI linkage
- Ensure all basic operations needed with equipment and manual processes to have area properly running according to standards.
- Participates in improvement events and completes daily reports
- Proposes/implements improvements in the manufacturing/production areas.
- Complete RCPS (Root Cause Problem Solving) and action plans as required
- TAR (Total Accident Rate) for the Shift.
- Quality Assurance Rate
- % of RFT, % of FPQ for the shift.
- Units produced, Weights per hour and # of units made.
- % Adherence to Weekly Production Plan
Knowledge / Abilities / Skills
- Understand In-Process Measures and KPI linkage to Site Results and Vision
- Interpretation of equipment and product data (i.e. run charts, bar charts, paretos)
- Solid root cause problem solving capability (identify to root cause)
- Basic equipment/mechanical knowledge to for troubleshooting, minor adjustments, and minor repairs.
- Basic Lean principles and tools including 5S, Standard Work and Sustainability
- Process ownership as defined by department (i.e. Safety, Quality, Production)
- Change Leadership Principles
- Understand and lead site safety policies and procedures within department
- Must be able to identify and immediately communicate to HR any incidents that may require disciplinary actions.
- Ability to facilitate training of processes
- Ability to participate in the testing of SAP Production.
- Assist in the development of SAP Production training modules.
- Must be able to trouble shoot SAP Production issues to resolution.
- Create Work Instructions and OPLs as required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Basic Leadership skills (Effective communication, coaching/giving feedback, conflict management)
- Work in a team-based environment (shared ownership and responsibility)
- Ensure direct reports are working towards successful completion of their KPIs
- Run the Annual Performance appraisal program with the direct reports
- Strong organizational skills (time and physical area)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP)
- Take ownership of critical KPIs and develop action plans to improve.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work vary by shift. Occasional Weekend work is required.
- AE degree in Engineering or equivalent experience. (3 years Educational and/or Hospitality)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a related Leadership role (Military or Manufacturing/Production).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, leadership qualities plus computer literacy.
- Ability to supervise is essential for the candidate to perform successfully in this position.
- Works with integrity and respect displaying a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Good understanding of HR and Financial acumen is highly desired.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, STEM etc.…
- 5-7 years’ experience of related experience in Manufacturing Management or Medical Cannabis preferred
- Experience, knowledge or trained in Six Sigma Lean Methodologies manufacturing
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace