The Operations Leader is a member of the Trulieve Manufacturing Integration Team who will become proficient in the seed to sale cannabis business model in Florida and be prepared to support acquisition and expansion activity. This role will collaborate with the cultivation, processing, supply chain, and retail teams to facilitate growth, improve operating infrastructure, and assist in making the business systems more robust and reliable. This position requires deep operations knowledge as well and advanced problem-solving capability.
This position will lead improvement activity and execute the expansion strategy of Trulieve Inc. and requires collaboration across the organization to deliver on site goals, operational excellence initiatives, and quality improvements. This position is initially located in Tallahassee, FL but will be capable of travelling to support expansion into additional regions and be prepared to take leadership roles in new states of operation.
- Promotes safety programs: Develops subordinate leaders to drive safety improvements; ensures safety programs are appropriate; creates a culture of employee engagement around safe operations.
- Ensure maximum compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Distribution Practices, OSHA, USDA, and other areas of mandatory regulatory oversight.
- Ensure that reporting staff understand the shared accountabilities for goals and priorities.
- Provide effective strong leadership to the needs of the organization through a demonstration of Emergent Core Values, experience, and judgment that promotes a culture of accountability and operational excellence.
- Accountable for project deliverables, adherence to the cost center (OPEX) budget, and development and management of Capital expenditure for Manufacturing.
- Management of production areas in a safe and compliant manner; participate in and ensure manufacturing departmental compliance for both internal and external audits.
- Manage product life cycle from transfer of processes from pilot laboratory to production; includes but is not limited to process maps, risk assessment, safety review, generation of batch records and SOP’s, change controls, process controls, process validation.
- Provide technical guidance for complex manufacturing operations: Resource planning, staff development and talent and performance management.
- Champion for continuous improvement and operational efficiency to eliminate waste and reduce COGS with the manufacturing operations.
- Assist with development and maintenance of the Site Master Plan.
- Develop and maintain performance metrics for site manufacturing activities and communicate department progress to management and staff.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Preferred; 10-15 years technical experience in a manufacturing environment or business operations including a minimum of 5 years in a leadership capacity with demonstrated people leadership experience.
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills, both with subordinates and peers, with emphasis on relationship development and implementation of company culture improvement initiatives.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication abilities including the ability to present complex theoretical concepts and empirical performance data effectively in both oral and written formats for audiences ranging from senior executives through entry level employees.
- The ability to communicate clearly and engage in dialogue with all levels of employees in an inclusionary manner.
- Must be able to influence with others in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and matrixed environment that emphasizes network and site needs as a priority.
- Experience with industry-standard software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Familiarity with specialized industry software applications (SAP, JMP, TrackWise, Documentum) preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS
- There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This information is available upon request from the candidate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions
QUALIFICATIONS / PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent
- Five to seven years’ experience in the engineering field.
- Proven ability to lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Uses hands on approach in engineering.
- Must have to ability to analyze and look at the big picture to keep projects on track progressing in the right direction.
- Must have the ability to plan and hit milestone dates to keep projects on track for on time delivery.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.
Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
45+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on business needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace