Packaging and Labeling Manager
Location: Quincy, FL Department: Processing
Type: Full Time
The P/L Manager will manage and oversee the packaging and labelling staff across all shifts to achieve operational objectives. Setting the proper metrics, measuring your department’s achievement to the metrics, and consistently showing improvement is key to success for this position.
- A key component will be to observe, analyze, and determine “bottle-necks” or process-gaps in operations to develop and implement efficient procedures in labeling and packaging departments.
- Implement quality control checks to ensure the packaging and the labelling teams meet all Quality as well as EH&S regulations.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
- In partnership with the other Management Team members, supports and maintains an environment that fosters good communication and solid teamwork within the department and related departments.
- Trains, cross-trains, and mentors’ Supervisors and Leads withing the P/L Department to ensure a sense of continuous improvement.
- Organize the Department’s structure to maximize workflow, communication, and performance.
- Organize the training and professional development of all employees withing the department.
- A solid working knowledge of the manufacturing/packaging operations, resulting from a minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in consumer goods packaging.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, current good manufacturing practices “eGMPs”, packaging standards, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of various types of manufacturing equipment, label printers, and label application machinery.
- Ability to work in a team environment and a desire to succeed and are a must.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) as well as internal customer service skills.
- Great attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to manage a team and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry that require strong attention to detail.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in manufacturing operations.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/manager capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group.
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Ability to pass a Level 2 Background check.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks.
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection).
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details.
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc., in moderate noise.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 50 hours weekly, with flexible hours depending on needs of the department/plant. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are an EOE company.