Job Title: Packaging & Labeling Supervisor
Reports to: Inventory Manager
FLSA Status: Regular Full-Time Exempt
The Packaging/Labeling Supervisor will manage and oversee the packaging and labelling staff across all shifts to achieve operational objectives -Setting the proper metrics, measuring your department’s achievement to the metrics and consistently showing improvement is key to success for this position. The Packaging/Labeling Supervisor will monitor production and directs the performance and quality output of team members; oversees the operating of all production equipment to meet daily/weekly production goals ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs), safety rules, and current good manufacturing processes cGMPs.
A key component will be to observe, analyze, and determine “bottle-necks” or process-gaps in operations to develop and implement scientific and efficient processes (experience with Poke Yoke or Kan-Ban methodology is a plus).
Implement quality control checks to ensure the packaging and the labelling teams meet all Quality as well as EH&S regulations.
Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the other Management Team members supports, maintains an environment that fosters good communication and teamwork within the department and related departments.
- Trains, cross-trains, and mentors’ employees in all functions of production to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensures production employees comply with all cGMPs and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates production activities, responds to, and resolves routine production problems quickly by re-assigning and training team members.
- The ideal candidate should have the ability to grasp department needs to change quickly and guide others.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ Years Supervisory or management experience
- Packaging, material handling experience
- Able to coach production operators on processes and procedures.
- Manufacturing experience a plus
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Due to the nature of our business, it is advocated that when representing Trulieve that our professionalism meets the needs of the medical patient base that we respectively serve. To uniformly align with the organization, an individual must be able to provide a level of communication that aligns respectively with the diversification of our patients which may exhibit opportunities to assess the situation and apply meaningful service. In addition, must be able to quickly identify and insert additional support where needed to deescalate situations without compromising Trulieve’s objective in serving our patient base with excellent customer service.
Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 40 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
40 hours weekly with flexible hours depending on business needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace