Packaging Manager – Curaleaf Florida – Mount Dora, FL
Curaleaf is a leading vertically integrated medical and wellness cannabis operator in the United States. Curaleaf is committed to being the industry’s leading resource in education and advancement through research and advocacy. Curaleaf leverages its extensive research and development capabilities to distribute cannabis products in multiple formats with the highest standard for safety, effectiveness, consistent quality and customer care. We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, operations professional to join our company as a Packaging Manager.
We are looking for a Packaging Manager to be responsible for managing the preparation of medical Cannabis products for distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage inventory of bulk and prepackaged products. Set Up appropriate inventory levels, ensure proper quantity of packages/products to meet production requirements.
- Interview and train new associates; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; develop teams and team leads for results and retention.
- Manage schedules of staff.
- Making sure all Labeling and recording of inventory data into inventory tracking system is done in compliance with the State regulations.
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, and access protocols
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to maximize productivity levels through efficiencies in human capital, reduction of material waste, and elimination of downtime; continue to develop and improve safety program and best practices
- Produce appropriate weekly and monthly reports to leadership team
- Liaison with logistics, dispensary operations staff
- Take instructions and help out on tasks delegated by the cultivation management team.
- Work in a fast-pace environment where major changes are made quickly
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Experience in horticulture, botany, chemistry or related field preferred but not required
- Ability to manage all areas related to harvesting, drying, trimming and curing.
- Ability to manage a team of employees
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of trimming & packaging area.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required; 2-year management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge & comfort with basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Absolute reliability and honest
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
Curaleaf Equal Employment Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- One location