Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
Medical cannabis company seeking experienced paralegal assistant (preferably 4-5 years minimum) to function as a generalist and provide legal support across various practice areas, including compliance, business transactions, corporate governance, securities regulation, commercial and real estate contracts, and regulatory affairs. The position provides direct support to the Chief Legal Officer and Compliance Director in an exciting and fast-paced atmosphere. This is a non-litigation position. General business transactional and regulatory compliance experience is preferred. Candidate must be a team player, have a willingness to work in a fast-paced and growing legal department, and be willing to assist others as needed.
- Assist attorneys with research, drafting documents, review analyze and discovery, preparation of audits, assessment of statutory filings including business licenses
- Maintain corporate statutory filings, including business licenses
- Perform legal, records, and factual research
- Cross-check and validate the information
- Draft basic legal documents
- Prepare correspondences
- Maintain insurance policies applications and insurance claim
- Assists in the maintenance of the corporate structure and corporate governance.
- Assists in the real estate and corporate acquisition closing processes.
- Assists with intellectual property filings and maintenance.
- Files correspondence and legal documents using company web-based filing system.
- Provide regular updates regarding relevant local, state, and federal laws affecting company business.
- Performs clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, assisting with email correspondences, and task management.
- Assists in the preparation of legal documents such as service and supplier contracts, initial and amended articles of incorporation/organization, operating agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and annual reports for approval and use by the legal department.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associate degree, or certificate program in paralegal studies
- 4-5 years paralegal experience including preparing legal documents
- Knowledge of maintaining statutory filings and business licenses
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices
- Knowledge of legal research techniques
- Knowledge of legal terminology
- Knowledge of legal communication principles and practices
- Thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and practices
- Relevant computer knowledge and experience
- A self-starter with excellent verbal and written skills
- Experienced in a fast-paced, high transaction environment, startup experience is a plus
- Fluent with Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and systems
- Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus
- Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion, and confidentiality are essential attributes
- Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email
- Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of work and service
This position has no overall supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position can involve long hours and availability after hours
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree, Associate degree, or certificate program in paralegal studies
3-5 years paralegal experience
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance and paid time off program.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 4 years (Preferred)
- Paralegal: 3 years (Required)
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place