Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
The Payroll Clerk will ensure that all employees receive their paychecks and direct deposits on time and will understand calculation rules thoroughly. The payroll clerk will be responsible for auditing and verifying all time keeping records of associates hours worked as well as any deduction or withholdings required to comply with state and federal laws. The Payroll Clerk is responsible for various report requests for other departments. This position will assist with managing employee complaints and questions regarding payroll and will investigate any errors in payroll in a timely manner. This position may perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time by the other members of the HR/Finance team.
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Accurately process semi-monthly and biweekly payroll in a timely manner
- Perform biweekly audits to ensure accuracy of all timecards
- Export data from timekeeping system into the payroll system
- Process direct deposit, deductions and retroactive adjustments
- Work with Benefits to ensure accurate benefit deductions
- Run Ad Hoc reporting as needed
- Provide customer service to associates and HR teams regarding any inquiries or questions
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License or State-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- 1-3 years of previous payroll experience
- FPC or CPP certification preferred
- Familiarity with payroll software a plus
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Team player mentality yet effective time management skills while working with little supervision
- The ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to assess challenges, identify root causes, address opportunities and keen skills for resolving for all situations. Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive process improvement
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.