Payroll Clerk – Surterra – Tampa, FL
The Payroll Clerk will ensure that all our staff receive on time paychecks and understand their salaries thoroughly. We’ll rely on our payroll clerk to audit and verify all time keeping records of associates hours worked as we as any deduction or withholdings required to comply with state and federal law. This position may perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks that may be required from time to time by the other members of the HR/Finance team.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Accurately process payroll biweekly in a timely manner.
- Perform biweekly audits to ensure accuracy of all time card
- Export data from timekeeping ststem into the payroll system.
- Process direct deposit, deductions and retroactive adjustments
- Work with Benefits to ensure accurate benefit deductions
- Run Ad Hoc reporting as needed.
- Provide customer service to associates and HR teams regarding any inquiries or questions.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Prior payroll experience.
- Familiarity with payroll software a plus
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Team player mentality yet effective time management skills while working with little supervision.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.
Surterra reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Surterra is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Surterra at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Surterra associates.