Payroll Coordinator – GrowHealthy – Lake Wales, FL
Do you have what it takes to be a part of an industry leading cannabis company? We are GrowHealthy – a company dedicated to delivering the best products and services possible to the patients of Florida. GrowHealthy is a high-growth business asset of iAnthus Capital Management. We are positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted medical marijuana companies. Working hand-in-hand with state and local governments, the GrowHealthy brand features company-grown, tested, safe, and effective medical marijuana products.
GrowHealthy is a looking for a Payroll Coordinator. The primary responsibility of this position is to process bi-weekly payroll and manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely. This Payroll Coordinator opportunity will be located in the Lake Wales, Florida area and will be a long term full-time position.
- Coordinate and participate in bi-weekly and supplemental payroll processing for the Company’s multiple locations.
- Compile all payroll data and accurately enter information in the Payroll/Timekeeping system.
- Process payment of: Bonuses, Paid Time Off, Leave or Travel and Expenses per Company policy.
- Ensure proper deductions for benefits, taxes, garnishments, etc.
- Process involuntary deductions such as: child support orders, garnishments and tax levies; collaborating with the Legal department, as needed.
- Ensure payroll data is accurate and prepared for data transfer from the HRIS system to the accounting system, with the ability to resolve any discrepancies.
- Resolve or escalate payroll issues to ensure timely processing of the Company payroll and verify compliance with applicable governmental and regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare accounts payable vouchers for payments, as needed.
- Prepare, generate and print checks and direct deposit advices.
- Generate, submit and report on electronic submissions of: direct deposits, benefits, and tax payments.
- Scan, file and maintain all payroll documentation and employees’ payroll records.
- Complete requests for wage and employment verifications.
- Design, produce and maintain ad-hoc reports and/or spreadsheets.
- Prepare, balance and file the Quarterly Employers’ Federal Tax Returns and the Florida Unemployment Compensation Fund reports.
- Prepare, balance and distribute W-2s.
- Pose as a single point of contact for all payroll questions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of progressive payroll experience ( 100+ employees)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with US and state -tax payrolls
- Experience with HRIS Payroll platform preferred
- CPP Payroll Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Client Focused/Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientated