Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The Payroll & HR Administrator will ensure the accurate and timely processing and recording of Fluent’s payroll and will perform administrative tasks and services to support the organization’s human resource department. This will include the administration and preparation of employee payroll and HR records and related payments and withholdings. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining personnel files related to human resources, payroll, leave, and retirement programs; and will answer inquiries pertaining to payroll and HR.
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll of 400+ employees
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Maintains employee payroll & HR records, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, 401k changes, deduction information, direct deposit requests, and tax forms, entering data into computer records and updating as necessary, including verifying changes in salaries and employment status
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates, including new hires, terminations, changes to pay rates, and expense reimbursements
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Process correct garnishment calculations and ensure compliance
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Develop ad hoc payroll & HR reporting as needed
- Enter new hires and process terminations in the HRIS system
- Processes and maintains Affordable Care Act compliance, including 1095 forms
- Responsible for the 401k Administration, enrolling new hires, terminating in the system, and bi-weekly uploads
- Managers HR documents and update internal databases
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department, including but not limited to processing employee promotions, transfers, and change letters
- Provides support to HR team as needed, including preparing offer letters and assisting with onboarding, orientation, and recruiting
- Answers employees’ inquiries pertaining to HR, payroll calculations, checks, payroll policies, procedures, and related matters.
- Working knowledge of payroll & HR functions and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Reliability is essential, will need to process a bi-weekly payroll and meet processing deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and exceptionally skilled in Excel.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED or bachelor’s degree in HR field or related preferred
3+ years experience processing payroll
2+ years of experience as an HR Assistant
Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The company will ask you to help out in other departments depending on company needs. This means that you may not always work in the department that you were hired, teamwork and getting product out to patients is the goal and this means helping out where you are needed is crucial to your success as well as the company’s success.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be able to speak and hear. Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms and ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position can require long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision and supplemental insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location: 175 NW 167th St, Miami, FL 33169
Job Type: Full-time