This position will be responsible for managing the payroll process of the organization. Our candidate must be a self-starter who is passionate about a career in accounting, wants to identify with our organization’s values, and desires to be part of a fast-growing company.
· Processing all payroll for over 400 employees, including reviewing and following up on missing time, reviewing wages, and correcting errors to ensure the accuracy of earning.
· Run payroll edit reports, balances, and ensures accuracy of Payroll.
· Ensure accuracy for payroll entries posted in account system, and making sure any changes in payroll are processed correctly.
· Ensuring clear and updated communications with all departments regarding payroll policies and procedures and in seeing that policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Proper coding of employees by department.
· Standard 401k, garnishment, and tax duties as needed.
· Closing and reconciling GL’s each month.
· Preparing and distributing personnel related memos if needed.
· Ad hoc reporting for Management.
· Assisting with General Ledger entries.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area.
· 3+ years of accounting/payroll experience.
· General Ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, forecasting, and payroll processing experience.
· Understanding/experience in payroll tax reporting
· Intermediate to Advanced computer and MS Excel skills.
· Experience in QuickBooks Enterprise software.
· Experience with PeopleGuru Software a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to explain complex financial jargon to non-financial professionals (other team members and departments).
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Must successfully complete a level II background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Payroll: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Ruskin, FL (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday