“Trulieve Grows One Patient at a Time
Do you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation while helping others? If so, consider joining Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit
Position: Payroll Specialist
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Classification Title: Payroll Specialist
- Ensure the accurate processing of payroll, all interim checks, monthly and quarterly audit reports, data uploads, W-2’s and all other tasks and filings associated with reporting of payroll income and deductions processing function; including but not limited to, entry and maintenance of time keeping edits, adjustments, voluntary deductions, involuntary deductions, and review/analysis of applicable payroll reports. This position, in general, is responsible for daily payroll processing functions.
- Track and follow-up with employee payroll documentation.
- Respond to questions (internal & external) and research issues regarding payroll.
- Assume responsibility for payroll records and back up documentation.
- Monitor and assure compliance between corporate policy and current IRS regulations.
- Enters all new hire, terminations, LOA’s (FMLA, Disability, Maternity) into the system in a timely basis
- Acts as a department liaison for payroll and all related functions to support the departmental goals.
- Works cooperatively with other departments to ensure accurate payroll processing.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Trulieve offers competitive pay consummate with experience and a variety of employee benefits including health insurance, vision insurance, and dental insurance.
Department: Accounting and Finance
Hours: 40 +
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Type of Appointment: Regular
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma/GED. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have a current, valid State of Florida driver license. Must be and remain compliant with local, state, and federal laws, statutes, and regulations; particularly those related to working in the cannabis industry. Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive drug screen and level 2 background check.
Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance.
Must have a minimum of one (1) year payroll processing experience.
Additional Minimum Qualifications: Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure requirements of this position can be fully met. Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies. Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people in the facility.
- Previous experience working in a multi-state, multi-location business with over 1000 employees.
- Paychex software experience
- Accounting experience at a large multi-state organization.
- Able to understand and follow written/oral instructions. Ability to focus on details, ensure appropriate follow-up occurs.
- Able to communicate in conversational English in order to work effectively with customers and team members, operate electronic equipment (computer, laptop), comprehend safety procedures, and utilize telecommunication devices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions to inform policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Self-directed and able to work both independently and in a team environment with multiple competing demands.
- Ability to respectfully and politely interact with customers and team members.
- Certified Payroll Professional certification.
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Special Instructions to Applicants: The schedule for this position is subject to change with notice. This position is subject to after-hours and/or weekend shifts based on seasonal demands.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Trulieve encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Trulieve is proud to be an EEO employer.