Physical Security Technical Specialist – Surterra – Tampa, FL
The Physical Security Technical Specialist oversees and monitors all physical security systems and is responsible for daily troubleshooting, maintenance, and auditing.
Works with vendors, contractors, and internal team members to meet security requirements as well as day to day technical work, upgrades, modifications, and new construction projects. This position requires after-hours on-call availability and travel.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrator for various security technology systems to include programming support for core functions and programming modifications for system performance improvement.
- Support infrastructure incidents at locations utilizing the networked access control and CCTV systems.
- Provide technical liaison with Information Technology professionals and technology system vendors for server maintenance and proper integration of security systems with overall company IT infrastructure to include compliance with cyber security policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support to sites to resolve day-to- day issues related to security technology systems.
- Monitor system performance and data integrity through the use of regular audits and provide feedback to primary users and integrators.
- Prepares reports for access tracking and access violations.
- Assist with planning and managing changes to established Security and Information
- Technology standards during upgrades and maintenance windows.
- Assists in the design and implements security solutions for facilities.
- Provide testing of new security technology system installations prior to final acceptance.
- Support and oversee new installation of security technology systems as it relates to ensuring compliance with standards, and support for local system integrators.
- Provide training to employees regarding security systems as needed.
- Helps to develops and implement enterprise standards and procedures governing
- Security Operation Center procedures.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to occasionally work weekends, nights, and holidays
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to effectively balance work load under multiple demands and conflicting priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with little or no daily direction
- Knowledge of security principles, concepts, and best practices
- Working knowledge of networking principles, concepts, and equipment (Ethernet and RS-232)
- Experience working with electrical schematics and low voltage electric systems
- Current valid drivers license and ability to remain insurable under Surterra’s vehicle liability policy
- Education: Associate’s Degree, Technical Certification or Equivalent Experience
- Able to assess challenges, identify root causes, address opportunities and keen skills for resolving for all situations. Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive process improvement.
- Ability to develop, implement and oversee the installation, operations, monitoring and repair of security systems and devices.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, problem solve in real-time, and be able to adapt to changing environments.
- Have experience and knowledge of various name brand access control platforms, video
- management systems and incident management applications/software
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- Have experience terminating and testing network cables, Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6.
- Prior experience installing CCTV, access control, and/or burglary systems is a plus
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.