If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a “blue-collar” manufacturing based operations oriented work place and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
In this role, the Harvest/Post-Harvest Area Manager will:
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Manage all harvest/post-harvest activities up to providing bulk flower and trim for further processing or packaging
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment through collaborative discussions, team communications, rigorous root cause analysis, and transparent decision making
- Maintain compliant operation of all work instructions, SOP’s, Change Requests, etc. for the post-harvesting area
- Help draft and update procedures relating to regulatory, training, quality, and compliance for post-harvesting
- Manage safe work conditions and practices within the harvest/post-harvesting area. Enforce company Safety, Health, and Environmental policies
- Identify and manage cost improvements and lead the development and execution of cost improvement and productivity ideas within the harvest/post-harvesting area. Supports new or improved product and process trials
- Coordinate scheduling of all harvest/post-harvesting rooms and optimal asset utilization Establish manpower requirements to meet schedules. Propose and lead corrective actions should issues arise
- Conduct personnel development and performance management planning for all direct and indirect reports, including ongoing proficiency training and smooth onboarding of new employees
- Ensure the post-harvesting areas and adjacent facility are maintained in a clean, organized and safe manner. Lead 5S initiatives
- Strictly follow all company policies and internal SOPs
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the Cannabis harvest/post-harvest areas
- Knowledge of the Florida Cannabis regulations
- Demonstrated managerial experience in a manufacturing/processing environment
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of base strains Sativa, Indica and knowledge of therapeutic effects of strains and types of medicinal administration
- Demonstrated team leadership and development skills
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet production schedules
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growing work environment
- Demonstrate proven continuous improvement mindset through kaizen events or other continuous improvement processes
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience processing cannabis in a regulated facility preferred.
- Previous experience in licensed cannabis production facility preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, carrying, sitting, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 40 pounds, manage stairs, and perform typical cleaning of facilities and equipment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 60 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company