Process Engineer – Manufacturing and Extraction
The Process Engineer – Manufacturing and Extraction will be responsible for improving top business priority challenges, partnering with the multiple functions across the manufacturing operation, with a focus on Extraction and Refinement to identify business gaps and risks in current field processes and then follow a continuous improvement (CI) methodology to provide sustainable solutions with proper control points. This person will also be responsible for the training and sustainment of new and improved processes to ensure quality and productivity targets are maintained.
- Enable Continuous Improvement capability & culture
- Develop process framework and optimization road map for extraction and refinement processes including, but not limited to, Ethanol extraction, CO2 Extraction, Hydrocarbon Extraction, and Distillation.
- Drive a CI culture across business being simple, nimble & fast. Effectively execute decisions based on data/facts and be an agent of change considering people, process & systems implications with digitally enabled improvements
- Identify opportunities through fact-based data driven analysis focusing on root cause analysis and solution development.
- Deep-dive into a specific area, understand the issue at hand, perform needed analysis, conduct team workout where needed, implement improvements, ensure impact is achieved and that solution is sustainable in a control state, finally transition to process owner.
- Must have a proven track record of partnering with business in delivering quality business solutions.
- Must have proven ability to successfully influence others and drive change in a large, complex, global organization.
- Must have ability to establish creditability and build strong working relationships with key business stakeholders at all levels.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation); proven experience articulating a concept and associated business value that can be derived from the concept.
- Must have proven ability to lead leaders and technical professionals.
- Manage complex continuous improvement efforts aligned the business imperatives.
- Drive rigor with the continuous improvement process. Ensure the business follows the various tollgates.
- Work across multiple functions in highly matrix environment to drive process improvements, leading by influence.
- Use Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to drive change as well as other CI methodologies.
- Manage indirect teams collaborating cross-functionally and coach other projects within CI or across functions.
- Maintain wholistic understanding of business operations and downstream process impacts. Connect dots and explain change impacts across all stakeholders.
- Drive standardization, solutions and optimization of Surterra business processes.
- Identify gaps in business process and address those gaps with realistic solutions. Develop processes that contribute to the overall business strategy and meet resource needs across segments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years progressive experience and demonstrated success/knowledge.
- Strong team player who works to make the entire team successful, regardless of reporting lines, not bound by strict role description and proactively seeks solutions to remove roadblocks.
- 5 years managing and/or developing multi-discipline teams, preferably with enterprise reach across multiple service types.
- 5 years of specialized/industry experience in Botanical Extractions and/or Cannabis
- Bachelor’s degree and or Master’s degree from Business, Finance, Technology, Engineering or Project Management or related experience.
6 Core Values of Parallel Associates
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and un-chartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off- load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.