Plans, directs, and coordinates technical support for the manufacturing processes. Use technical concepts and company’s policies and procedures to solve a wide range problem in imaginative and practical ways throughout Trulieve organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, and evaluates manufacturing methods.
- Use professional concepts and company policies and procedures along with a “hands on” approach to develop and implement solutions to difficult manufacturing problems.
- Uses imaginative and practical methods to make improvements in manufacturing methods that results in and increased productivity and quality while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Analysis and troubleshooting of production equipment based on technical drawings and mechanical evaluations.
- Provide training to Operators, Setup persons, Manufacturing Technicians, and Manufacturing Engineering to improve technical abilities.
- Establish metrics to monitor financial savings as compared to established goals and targets.
- Develop and maintain value stream mapping efforts, CI plans, and calendars.
- Interface with all levels in the organization using verbal, written and graphical communication tools to ensure efficient production methods.
- Design and document tooling designs on drawings that communicates tooling requirements to toolmakers.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and design layouts of equipment maximum efficiency.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering and staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production other considerations to facilitate production processes and contribute to completion of department miles.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential including machine capability studies, etc.
- Plans implement and tracks Capital and Non-Capital cost reduction projects and reports to management on regular basis.
- Support 5 S, Kazian events, and audit processes.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment utilizing effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication systems
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level using the DMAIC process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all management levels.
- Strong leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- High degree of initiative, with the ability to make decisions.
- Positive attitude & ability to prioritize and deal with multiple assignments and stressful situations.
- Extensive knowledge of personal computers and related software, including MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD.
- Excellent attendance record.
- PLC troubleshooting experience is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS / PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent is desired
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Proven analysis and presentation skills including use of common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer, copier, computer). Requires adequate hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office equipment
- Must be able to talk/hear/sit for prolonged periods of time
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing areas which require personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shield and hearing protection in required areas.