Process Technician – VidaCann – Jacksonville, FL
Process Technicians assist with all stages of the extraction and manufacturing processes, ensuring efficient ongoing production. Responsible for a myriad of tasks to maintain constant work flow so that all manufacturing deadlines and quotas are fulfilled on a weekly basis.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Strict adherence to internal protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as following current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Initial processing and preparing raw materials for extraction.
- Manufacturing, labeling, packaging, and boxing of various products.
- Inspection and cleaning of work areas. Servicing and maintenance of various equipment and hand tools.
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste, and keeping the facility rooms and working areas immaculate.
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation that proves that processes are being carried out in accordance with both internal and external regulations. (batch records, maintenance records, etc.)
- Monitor and operate the equipment in accordance with operational instructions.
- Execute day-to-day operations at the Production Facility as they pertain to workflow, extraction, production quotas and deadlines.
- Maintain strict records of all materials, chemicals and equipment used and document production by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Ability to pass and maintain all required background checks to work with cannabis.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on the demands of the business, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as required, over 40 hours per week.
- Update, maintain, and record data in our seed-to-sale tracking software (BioTrackTHC).
- Perform other related work as required.
- High School Degree or equivalent, college is preferred but not mandatory.
- Valid driver license with good record
- Experience in manufacturing or production facilities
- Good work history with references
- Highly motivated self-starter with a great work ethic.
- Fast learner, ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management and ability to multi-task in a quick and positive manner
- Strong decision-making, analytical and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests
- Computer literate and competent in use of Microsoft programs
- Ability to pass Level II background check and maintain a clean record
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol screen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, have good dexterity in all limbs; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work 7 days a week and evening shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be standing indoors and frequently exposed to laboratory conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required licenses or certifications:
Valid driver license
Job Type: Full-time
- Process Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance