Trulieve Processing Internship – Oil/Edible
Under the supervision and guidance of the Oil Value Stream Manager and Continuous Improvement Leader, the processing intern will be focused on improvements that increase productivity and cost-effectiveness of the plant. Project work may be completed during your internship and/or will contribute to a larger ongoing project. The work assigned will be integral to plant goals and objectives. Plant management will be supportive during the internship and interested in results achieved. You will be responsible for summarizing the project and your results to the leadership team at the plant at the end of your internship. Thorough Safety Training will be provided and required.
- Assist in troubleshooting process parameters and implementing corrective actions
- Learn chemical laboratory testing procedures, processes and instrumentation
- Interface with plant Engineering, Production, Quality, and Planning teams; as well as outside technical support vendors
- Work on assigned improvement opportunities, develop solutions and review with Senior Engineering Lead
- Conduct Design of Experiments; create reports from learnings and present data to stakeholders
- Assist hourly technical team members (machine operators, machine setters, and maintenance technicians)
- Assist with process instructions, method sheets, equipment set-up and operating instructions in the marijuana extraction environment through a team of extraction technicians.
- Compile, prepare and present data for project updates and technical presentations to plant leadership and/or management
Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the specific ability to work in teams
- Capability to build relationships with other functions, which will be essential with such activities as teaching teams and transferring knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office with emphasis in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions when necessary
- Must be able to climb ladders and walk catwalks, etc., in order to monitor, direct and validate equipment and installations
- Assist in the development, continuous improvement, and analysis of processes, equipment, tooling, and material movement under the direction of a Senior Engineering Lead.
- Chemical/Industrial Engineering Degree at FSU/FAMU
- Able to work 40 hours per week
- Must be able and willing to flex work hours or spend durations on other shifts
- Must be willing to rotate through different departments
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a Level 1 comprehensive background investigation
Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40-50 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company