Processing, Technician Assistant – Surterra – Wimauma, FL
Surterra is looking for a detail-oriented Processing Technician Assistant for our manufacturing team. Responsibilities of the Processing Technician Assistant will include producing oil, flower or finished goods inventory for distribution in Florida. Using our “Six Characteristics” (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers. The Processing Technician will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, being a strong teammate, and effectively producing products and inputs for the manufacturing team.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement established best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of cannabis based products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Assist the Lab Supervisor with plant extracting, extract refinement, and overall upkeep of the lab including daily cleaning and practicing aseptic lab techniques.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Work alongside the extraction and processing team to meet production and quality related goals.
- Assist Lead Chemist when required for analytical or extraction processes.
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train and assess new staff.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members.
- Trains and supervises all lab staff and evaluates staff performance, as directed by the Lab Supervisor.
- Plans work load distribution and create schedules.
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed.
- Responsible for laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines.
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
Experienced with lab equipment, including rotary evaporation, short path distillation, wiped film evaporation, HPLC / GC-MS / LC-MS, trimming, flower processing and packaging equipment. Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of pharmacy/lab technician, cannabis industry or equivalent on the job training is preferred.
- High volume ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician in Florida preferred.
- Florida Resident.
- Experience in compounding or manufacturing preferred.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- Travel as necessary (between locations).
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.