Processing Technician II – Surterra – Wimauma, FL
Surterra Therapeutics is looking for a processing technician with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the preparation of final dosage forms derived from therapeutic cannabis. Therapeutic cannabis has quickly become one the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries in the United States. As one of only five businesses licensed to cultivate and dispense cannabis in the state of Florida, Surterra Therapeutics is looking to bring safe, natural relief to patients throughout Florida with wellness-driven products that empower the health of our customers.
This position will report to the Processing Lab Supervisor. This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Surterra Therapeutics offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up. Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
- Surterra provides Company health care insurance, holidays; typically 10-12 days a year as well as vacation based on years of experience.
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity and enjoyment while they work.
- Implement established Surterra Therapeutics and Industry best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of therapeutic cannabis based products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Assist the Lab Supervisor with plant extracting, extract refinement, and overall upkeep of the lab including daily cleaning and practicing aseptic lab techniques.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Work alongside the extraction and processing team to meet production and quality related goals.
- Assist Lead Chemist when required for analytical or extraction processes.
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train and assess new staff.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members.
- Trains and supervises all lab staff and evaluates staff performance, as directed by the Lab Supervisor.
- Assists in budget development for the laboratory and maintains control of lab costs.
- Plans work load distribution and create schedules.
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed.
- Responsible for laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines.
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner.
- Will collaborate with the Compliance Officer, Cultivation Manager and Analytic Chemist to determine production improvement, staff improvement, and/or quality assurance/quality control adjustments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
Experienced with lab equipment, including rotary evaporation, short path distillation, wiped film evaporation, HPLC and or GC-MS. Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a pharmacy/lab technician or equivalent on the job training.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician in Florida preferred.
- Pharmacy/Laboratory experience (Minimum 3 years prior experience)
- Florida Resident
- Experience in compounding or manufacturing preferred
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Travel as necessary (between locations)
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is
About Surterra Therapeutics
OUR MISSION: We believe that wellness is a pursuit and that nature has the ability to empower our health now and in the future.. It is our mission to provide the safest, highest quality cannabis-based products that empower your health and enable you and your loved ones to live well.
8 Core Qualities of a Surterra Employee
Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.