Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Product Development Manager will use consumer trends from industry insights to develop, test, and launch new products. They will have a high level of technical expertise, experience in applying project management skills, and a basic understanding of extraction processes. This role will also be responsible for managing projects, smaller technical teams and continuous cross functional work across the organization to bring best in class products to Parallel.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Providing ongoing development and project management in all development stages of new cannabis SKU’s
- Leading product development, ingredient technology, and equipment needs to support commercialization of new and improved products.
- Monitoring and researching product trends, manufacturing processes, and innovations on an ongoing basis to continue to bring new ideas to the team
- Managing expansion of edible products through formulation and process development as well as scaling confectionary product lines.
- Partnering with Compliance and QA functions to develop spec sheets, safety standards and scalable production processes
- Partnership with the cross functional teams to ensure proactive allocation of biomass to support the categories growth
- Managing the ongoing communication and project updates for new development projects
- Participating in all stages of product development. This includes ideation, manufacturing, and scaling production to meet demand
- Drafting transferrable SOPs that align technical skill sets with manufacturing practices
- Maintaining and following all SOPs to ensure best in class manufacturing laboratory equipment operational practices
- Applying basic scientific and/or engineering principles to problems and issues with a disciplined, systematic approach
- Creating and executing detailed product development project plans with timelines. Manage all projects and deliverables to support wider business direction and deadlines
- Accurately recording and communicating all experimental data and pertinent analytical information
- Collaborating effectively with other team members to resolve issues and deliver business objectives
- Leading and participating in product testing and plant trials of new products
- Assisting in the production of product samples for internal and external requests
- Performing tasks and other administrative activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or related field is preferred, and or 5 – 7 years of related work experience
- One year prior of product development/commercialization in a CPG – formulating experience
- Commercialization and manufacturing scale up experience
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to solve problems
- Ability to accurately document and communicate results to peers and team leadership
- Ability to effectively multi-task, manage working time to be available to the teams while tending to any needed cross functional meeting where engagement is required
- Experience setting up the framework and running internal testing and creating data collection and analysis to drive business case decisions in the best interest of Parallel
- At minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in a research and development setting
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a cross-functional team, including adherence to core values within a dynamic company culture
- Demonstrated high level of creativity and personal initiative, and a natural sense of curiosity
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment, and to balance changing priorities to drive key projects to completion.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to mentor junior team members and technicians on scientific process and research techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.