This position will be responsible for assisting in the management of production and packaging activities of the facility in accordance with the Company’s policies, principles, and procedures. The facility Production Assistant Manager will continuously review all of the operational processes, systems, assets, and methodologies used in their department and will assist in developing a strategic and tactical operational plan, which aligns with the objectives and strategies of the Company.
- Supervision of all production, and packaging activities in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures.
- Execution of supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Motivate and maintain a safe and compliant work environment.
- Perpetual assessment and adjustment of current strategies, systems, procedures, performance, capabilities, equipment, facilities, and people to maintain and enhance safety, productivity, service, quality, and profitability.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
- At least 1 year of leadership experience.
- BS/BA Degree Strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of inventory control, production operations, packaging operations, order management, performance metrics, costs, and other techniques.
- Good judgment, initiative, attention to detail, drive for change, getting organizational support, building ownership and commitment, making tough decisions, and developing others.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Team Player with the ability to build lasting productive business relationships.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Apollo Beach, FL 33572 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place