Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra wellness in Florida and Texas; New England treatment access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra wellness, coral reefer, and float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The company conducts advanced cannabis science through molecular infusions (mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveparallel.com.
The Production Associate (1st and 2nd Shift) is utilized to assist our Production Teams – these teams include: Edibles (MIP) / Packaging Products / Cannabis Flower Handling. The production associates is multi-trained and can be dual utilized in any of our Production areas.
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Production of infused consumable products
- Ensures accurate and appropriate storage for all products
- Maintains quality control of all products
- Operates all assigned manufacturing equipment (Savage Fire Mixer, Hobart Mixer, Fuji Foremost Flow Wrapper, Gami Depositing equipment)
- Executes accurate recipe formulations, adaptations or conversions consistently
- Remains compliant with food safety and sanitation requirements
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing consumable products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train and assess new staff.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- Food/Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred
- Food Science/Culinary background
- Serve Safe certification required within first year
- Proficient math and measuring skills
- Familiarity with large scale manufacturing equipment/operations
- Ability to read and interpret recipes written in English
- Ability to work as a team member, be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 lbs.
- Continually able operate/navigate standard office/computer programs and production equipment
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and cross functional partners.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Dexterous hand movements with packing tools
- Flower associates perform general housekeeping duties
- Weighing / Packing / Staging cannabis products
- Assisting in other departmental coordination duties
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Ability to work as part of a team with cohesive aspects
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., trimming weighing, packaging)
- Plant knowledge helpful but not necessary
- Comfortable to work four 10-hour days standing or sitting—shifts can vary based on business need
- Agile fingers able to perform dexterous tasks.
- Ability to do tedious tasks for lengthy periods of time.
- Weighing cannabis – Knowledge of common sold increments and accurately scaling out flower.
- Good dexterity for labeling and packing.
- Hand and eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision– why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission– how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.