Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is looking for a detail-oriented Processing Technician I for our Production team. Responsibilities of the Processing Technician I will include producing oil, flower or finished goods inventory for distribution in Florida.
The Processing Technician I will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, being a strong teammate, and effectively producing products and inputs for the manufacturing team.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Follow SOPs for manufacturing cannabis based products.
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing and packaging process of cannabis based products.
- Comply with safety procedures and consult with department supervisor about any safety issues that may arise.
- Manufacture and Package cannabis based products, in a timely manner, to meet team production and quality related goals.
- Follow all Safety and Quality guidelines as outlined by Parallel.
- Daily housekeeping and cleaning of the work area.
- Assist in training new staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred 0-1 year experience in production environment.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Ability to work as part of a team with cohesive aspects
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., trimming weighing, packaging)
- Plant knowledge helpful but not necessary
- Comfortable to work four 10-hour days standing or sitting—shifts can vary based on business need
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Agile fingers able to perform dexterous tasks.
- Ability to do tedious tasks for lengthy periods of time.
- Weighing cannabis – Knowledge of common sold increments and accurately scaling out flower.
- Good dexterity for labeling and packing.
- Hand and eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.