MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
The Production Manager position directs manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors and/or lead manufacturing technicians. The position has the responsibility of overseeing the filling, capping, packaging and labeling activities of all existing products as well as extraction activities, product launches. It also ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials, and machines, and is ultimately responsible for the four walls of the building (multi-shifts).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Alongside the Human Resources department, provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Work with Plant Manager to design or redesign manufacturing lines for new or modified products as needed.
- Oversee production, implementation SQF safety, inventory, and shipping to ensure products are manufactured safely and efficiently with attention to delivering high-quality products and delivering them on time.
- Establish or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Provide leadership to ensure that safety and company policies are adhered to consistently and effectively.
- Coach and provide input to supervisors to provide quality, timely and consistent performance management reviews as well as support ongoing performance recognition as well as disciplinary action as needed.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Ensures compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Maintain compliance with all FDA, cGMP, and SQF Program.
- Balances work cell capacity/loading across the plant.
- Determines operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with company policies.
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Manages compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance (as well as documentation) of all manufacturing rooms and equipment both pre and post-use.
- Leads &/or provides guidance in the creation of and revision to Standard Operating Procedures and Manufacturing Batch Records.
- Leads the investigations of any manufacturing deviation from written instructions and product &/or material component Out of Specification reported or observed result(s).
- Maintains management tool(s) to control the timely closure of any investigation or Risk Assessment Corrective & Preventive Actions.
- Continually performs a manufacturing documentation gap assessment to ensure sufficient written instructions are available to subordinate staff.
- Works with MedMen Training Department to build and maintain subordinate staff training curriculum, including when necessary activity “performance” demonstrations.”
- Maintains management tool to ensure subordinate training requirements remain current.
- Actively identifies and implements department cost reduction activities.
- Actively leads space-planning and implementation activities.
- Contributes at a lead level to the establishment and maintenance of area Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintains transparent inter-department written communication system regarding end of day accomplishments, unplanned events, next-day’s scheduled activities, roadblocks/workarounds and decisions needed.
- Establish equipment identification numbering system, with comprehensive field labeling.
- Establish and maintain equipment files to include any qualification/commissioning documents, repair or modification history, preventive maintenance and calibration records.
- Contributes to the selection of new Manufacturing equipment purchases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Project Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct
- Results Driven
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Self-starter/self-motivated type. Has the ability to work in a hands-on environment and work well independently.
- Is a “take charge” individual and manager (as opposed to someone who needs to be told what to do on a continual basis.)
- Possesses the ability to adapt and react to continually changing conditions. (We are on a fast-paced growth track, and rapid change is the only constant!)
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years in manufacturing products (experience in food production strongly preferred).
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes and best practices in safety. Strong understanding of manufacturing cost controls, inventory management, (SQF) Safe Quality Food practices.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Leadership certifications and demonstrated project management experience.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements, cGMP, SOP, and SQF Program.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and company safety regulations and procedures
- Must be able to obtain an AZ Dispensary Agent card with proof of US citizenship and pass required background checks.
This is a leadership position which also involves management of direct reports.
Work is performed primarily in an indoor environment. Exposure to dust, grease, odors, and cleaning agents; work hours include shift work to minimize disruption of daily operational activities.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability necessary for sufficient mobility to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist. Regularly push, pull, lift, and/or carry light to moderately heavy objects and occasionally objects over 50 pounds. Requires a sense of touch, finger dexterity, and gripping with hands and fingers. Ability to operate equipment.
Little or no travel is expected for this position. However, travel is primarily local and during the business day. Travel for initial training purposes may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.