Surterra Wellness is looking for a Production Manager with Softgel experience who has the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the preparation of final dosage forms derived from therapeutic cannabis. Cannabis has quickly become one the most dynamic and fastest-growing industries in the United States. As one of only five businesses licensed to cultivate and dispense cannabis in the state of Florida, Surterra Wellness is looking to bring safe, natural relief to patients throughout Florida with wellness-driven products that empower the health of our customers.
This is a truly unique opportunity to help define an industry and build brand new markets. It is a challenging environment that requires a strong-willed, pioneering spirit with an exceptional work ethic. If you are entrepreneurial-minded and enjoy being on the leading-edge, Surterra Wellness offers the opportunity to develop a market from the ground up. Our mission is to provide the safest, highest-quality cannabis-based product that empower health and enable our customers to live well.
- Surterra provides Company health care insurance, holidays; typically 10-12 days a year as well as vacation based on years of experience.
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity and enjoyment while they work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement established Surterra Wellness and Industry best practices for manufacturing therapeutic cannabis-based products.
- Be responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing process of therapeutic cannabis-based products.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Work alongside the Production Manager and processing team to meet production and quality related goals.
- Assist Lead Chemist when required for analytical or extraction processes.
- Limited Travel between cultivation/processing and lab facilities.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train and assess new staff.
- Work with softgel manufacturing, capsule inspection and packaging equipment.
- Familiarity with industrial softgel equipment, ability to troubleshoot machinery when needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in a science related field
- Pharmaceutical/Nutraceutical experience (Minimum 3 years prior experience preferred)
- Florida Resident
- Experience in industrial compounding or Softgel manufacturing required
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedures and documentation
- Travel as necessary (between locations)
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is
At Surterra we strive to create a work environment where staff can thrive and grow. We look forward to receiving your feedback about your job duties and tasks, and Surterra in general. While we appreciate your willingness and ability to take on additional duties as needed, your core functions and additional duties are your primary responsibilities. If you feel you can take on additional work please inform your direct supervisor in order to devise a work plan.
Surterra reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Surterra is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Surterra at will, with our without cause, and with or without notice at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment – at – will status of Surterra employees.
About Surterra Wellness
OUR MISSION: We believe that wellness is a pursuit and that nature has the ability to empower our health now and in the future.. It is our mission to provide the safest, highest quality cannabis-based products that empower your health and enable you and your loved ones to live well.
OUR STORY: This past decade has seen a powerful shift in the way we define healthy living. From greater access to naturally-grown, organic foods to the awareness of the dangers in overly-processed, chemically-dependent products, communities everywhere are rediscovering what it means to live well. Surterra Wellness believes that this push for safe, natural ingredients should not stop at the grocery store, and we are focused on transforming the way people take control of their health.
Founded in 2014, Surterra Wellness is focused on unlocking the natural health benefits of the cannabis-based ingredients and is committed to providing individuals with the safest, most effective treatments. By combining natural growing techniques with innovative extraction tools, Surterra Wellness is looking to transform the way people view nature-based wellness solutions.
Today, Surterra Wellness is bringing together leaders focused on patient health and safety. Together we are utilizing best practices in medicine, science and agriculture to discover and advance the natural healing benefits of cannabis-based products. Naturally-derived and uniquely formulated, these health-based solutions are empowering people throughout our communities to relieve their symptoms and to restore their own health in the safest, most effective way possible. Together, we are in pursuit of wellness.