Surterra is looking for a detail-oriented Production Planner for our manufacturing team to organize production according to demand and quality standards of our cannabis products. The Production Planner will be the one to ensure our goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner. Responsibilities of the Production Planner will include coordinating production workflow for each step of the process and multiple products, planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay and processing capacity and raw materials needed to cover production demand. The goal is to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate, create and maintain the production schedule based on the demand.
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences, lead times, production needs, production capacity and materials.
- Based on the demands, Calculate raw material requirements.
- Lead weekly and monthly production plan meetings.
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption.
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Keep paperwork organized and updated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering strongly preferred with 4+ years of related experience.
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles.
- Experience working within an MRP System, SAP knowledge preferred, as well as MS Office, including strong MS Excel skills.
- Good at math and statistics.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. • Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically up to 25% of the time.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 CORE VALUES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
• Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off- load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.