Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
**We are seeking Supervisors to work 2nd shift (5pm-3:30am) and must be flexible **
Parallel is looking for a detail-oriented Supervisor for our manufacturing team. Responsibilities of the Supervisor will include direct supervision of hourly associates, implementing and maintaining processes, production, and packaging of finished goods.
This includes labor planning, manufacturing, packaging, inventory transfers, payroll, employee feedback/corrective action, and performance management.
Create and Drive Business Value
- Supervise daily activities of hourly production associates
- Maintain SOP’s
- Initiate and follow through on process improvements
- Work closely with cross functional partners to ensure timely delivery of products
Production and Packaging
- Ensure team goals align with strategic direction & execute them on time
- Ensure proper allocation of labor between all product lines
- Actively coach and develop top talent
- Train new and existing employees on best practices, inventory management, compliance, regulatory requirements and safety
- Supervise and train hourly associate team in all aspects of the manufacturing and packaging process.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and compliance that rewards innovative thinking and cultivates talent that maximizes individual and organizational effectiveness
- Maintain Standard operating procedures, quality controls & measures
- Quality Control and Continuous Improvement Capability
- Manufacturing and Packaging team routines & communication cadence
- Effective risk management processes
- Proper product & work-in-process tracking, movement, and product security
- Effective efficiency improvement initiatives across all departmental functions
- Encourage sharing of best practices within the team; break down barriers to teamwork; resolves conflict effectively.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly reporting
- Ability to learn and perform all aspects of the manufacturing and packaging processes
- Quality, Safety, Compliance requirements as defined by Parallel and government agencies
Experience in managing large teams
- Work closely with cross-functional team to implement effective SOPs and scalable solutions
- Be a great resource in manufacturing projects
- Adhere to daily and weekly production schedules
- Have a proven track record of delivering results, leading people, and driving improvement
Balance priorities with constrained resources
- In a world that lacks clarity, this leader must manage ambiguity masterfully.
- Balance the many priorities and conflicts inherent in a rapidly evolving environment with high demand for inventory resources
- Close communication and coordination with cross-functional partners in Supply Chain, Inventory, Warehousing, and Commercialization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Solid foundation of knowledge and experience in large scale manufacturing production operations
- 3-5 years proven experience in successfully leading a large team producing a wide variety of manufacturing or packaging environments
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and time management skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact at executive level with persuasiveness and confidence
- Exceptional analytical skills in pertinent areas related to role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Supply Chain-Management, Manufacturing preferred
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
- INTEGRITY – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- COLLABORATION – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- AGILITY – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- INTENTIONALITY – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- ALIGNMENT – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.
Note: Parallel’s job descriptions are not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other duties and tasks as assigned, and other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our values are how we will realize our vision and mission
Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility