Production Supervisor (Extraction) – MedMen – Eustis, FL
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Monitors and manages manufacturing and processing methods, workflow, throughput, space utilization and product quality based on knowledge of product design, materials, parts, capabilities, and quality assurance standards. This position supports the development of Processing SOPs, work instructions and processes and documentation revisions. A goal of the job is to increase productivity and cost-effectiveness, developing innovative plans to do so. Responsibilities will also include reporting to the Manufacturing Management on daily progress, overseeing and actively supporting when necessary the day to day manufacturing operations.
The Production Supervisor reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ensures the comprehensive compliance of all Manufacturing Technician activities including; but not limited to;
- Responsible for coordinating and training of team members engaged in the Manufacturing of all products.
- When new techniques, products, equipment and systems are introduced, or problems are detected, the Lead Technician will administer training to Manufacturing Technicians.
- Work with the Manufacturing Manager to ensure goals and deadlines are being met in a timely fashion.
- Inspect materials for manufacturing operations.
- Confirm correct materials and appropriate quantities are used, report any discrepancies.
- Recommend measures to improve production process methods and equipment performance while keeping quality of product in mind.
- Contributes to the employee training Matrix by constantly updating the records as people acquire new skills.
- Fills in for the Manufacturing Manager when needed in their absence. Able to fill in and function on basic level responsibilities including but not limited to Metrc data, Google Extraction Spreadsheet and/or other regulatory database entries.
- Provide technical direction to manufacturing technicians/personnel.
- Set an example for effective communication within and outside the department.
- Verifies that all necessary equipment needed is ready, clean, and in working order prior to the start of the shift.
- Notifies department manager, supervisor or maintenance department when repairs or adjustments to equipment are needed.
- Exhibits thorough knowledge product stock keeping unit (SKU) and their corresponding line setups and Manufacturing standards and documents all activities/notes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure all documentation is completely filled out and accurate. Including Batch records, pre/post op checklists, room and equipment log books.
- Ensures and reviews all related Quality Assurance paperwork is completed throughout the shift and is submitted to manager at the end of each shift. Ensures proper communication during changeovers between shifts.
- Follows and enforces all company policies & procedures, GMP’s, & Quality Standards.
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place and reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Ensure compliance with all Food Safety, cGMP and other regulatory requirements.
- Assists as necessary in the performance of all manufacturing activities and/or any other duties assigned.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with others and sees that teamwork produces a more productive environment.
- A highly responsive ability to react to daily production priorities in a calm and focused manner.
- Communication skills & decision quality – Must have the ability to make good decisions and communicate effectively with others and leadership team.
This position supervises the Production Technician team and involves overseeing processes to ensure meeting productivity schedule within the manufacturing process.
Work is performed primarily in an indoor environment. Exposure to dust, grease, odors, and cleaning agents; work hours include shift work to minimize disruption of daily operational activities.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability necessary for sufficient mobility to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist. Regularly push, pull, lift, and/or carry light to moderately heavy objects and occasionally objects over 50 pounds. Requires a sense of touch, finger dexterity, and gripping with hands and fingers. Ability to operate equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a second shift full-time position. Expected days and hours of work will be 3:00 pm to 12:00 am but can vary. Must be willing to work weekends.
Little or no travel is expected for this position. However, travel is primarily local and during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- One year of supervisory or team lead experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of Manufacturing experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- This position will require excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask during the production of different projects and various products at the same time.
- The ability to motivate employees and increase employee morale.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant.
- Ability to read, interpret, and keep records on a variety documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, formulas, and policy and procedures manuals.
- Exceptional math skills – the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, Live scan, and FBI fingerprint requirements.
MMMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MMMG expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MMMG employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.