Job Title: Project Engineer
Reports to: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Regular- Exempt
Salary: $64,573 – $82,105
Site Hours: Mon-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Provide mechanical engineering support for projects and day-to-day operations. Support the plant to achieve goals and objectives in safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Provide support for production improvement initiatives to improve productivity and quality.
- Design and development of tooling, mechanisms, and equipment for use in manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support for existing equipment and processes in a manufacturing environment to ensure optimum efficiency is achieved.
- Perform standard analysis, calculations, and generate drawings, as required in product engineering designs.
- Independently manage multiple projects and activities to meet safety, quality, delivery, cost, and continuous improvement goals while meeting planned deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work independently and in support of other managers, engineers and supervisors, in solving problems associated with manufacturing and new item launches.
- Requires the ability to interact and work with associates at multiple skill levels.
- Ability to work within a team structure.
- Provide mechanical engineering support in area of scrap reduction, productivity improvements, machine builds, and quality improvements.
- Must understand and implement lean manufacturing concepts.
- Individual should be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and personal responsibility and attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently plan labor and material to execute projects and/or repair work.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Proficient in using computers with the Windows operating system including the Microsoft Office Group: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Access skills are considered a plus.
- Proficient with Pro/Engineer and AutoCAD.
- Capable of taking engineering theories and putting them to practical use in manufacturing.
- Ability to document process changes in support of a structured Quality Management system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Machine and tool design, practical understanding of good manufacturing principles.
- Uses hands on approach to engineering in support of manufacturing.
- Must be able to pass a Level 2 background screening
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace