If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a manufacturing-based operation-oriented work place and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
Provide mechanical engineering support for projects and day-to-day operations. Support the plant to achieve goals and objectives in safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Provide support for production improvement initiatives to improve productivity and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and development of tooling, mechanisms, and equipment for use in manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support for existing equipment and processes in a manufacturing environment to ensure optimum efficiency is achieved.
- Perform standard analysis, calculations, and generate drawings, as required in product engineering designs.
- Independently manage multiple projects and activities to meet safety, quality, delivery, cost, and continuous improvement goals while meeting planned deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work independently and in support of other managers, engineers and supervisors, in solving problems associated with manufacturing and new item launches.
- Requires the ability to interact and work with associates at multiple skill levels.
- Ability to work within a team structure.
- Provide mechanical engineering support in area of scrap reduction, productivity improvements, machine builds, and quality improvements.
- Must understand and implement lean manufacturing concepts.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Individual should be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and personal responsibility and attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently plan labor and material to execute projects and/or repair work.
- Proficient in using computers with the Windows operating system including the Microsoft Office Group: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Access skills are considered a plus.
- Proficient with Pro/Engineer and AutoCAD.
- Capable of taking engineering theories and putting them to practical use in manufacturing.
- Ability to document process changes in support of a structured Quality Management system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Machine and tool design, practical understanding of good manufacturing principles.
- Uses hands on approach to engineering in support of manufacturing.
- QUALIFICATIONS / PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed in a normal office setting and on the manufacturing shop floor.
- There will be minimal exposure to health or safety hazards.
- In the office setting, substantial time spent working on a computer. Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity.
- Shop floor setting will result in exposure to hot and cold temperatures, noise, fumes, limited dust, and oil. Requires walking, climbing, bending, and occasional lifting of material up to 50 pounds.
- The performance of this position will require daily exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection in required areas.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40-50 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company