Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Project Manager, Visual Merchandising is responsible for developing, refining, and managing the workstreams and logistics associated with store-based marketing activations for multiple brands. These include, but are not limited to, product launches, promotions, education, and new store set ups. This role requires working across functional teams including Visual Merchandising, Store Design, Retail, Brand Marketing, Retail Execution, Creative, and External Partners. This position will require the candidate to be hands on and have a strong in-store presence.
The core responsibilities of this role include, planning and managing product launch planograms, asset management, inventory control, ongoing project management for multiple projects with staggered deadlines and budget tracking. Additionally, this role will be responsible for developing, implementing training and communication tools to support Visual Merchandising standards and planograms with store teams.
- Facilitating staff trainings regarding visual merchandising; leading and co-leading to ensure that they are delivered on brand and VM directives are followed by retail staff
- Confidently and skillfully providing coaching to the store teams, demonstrating a comfort level in navigating difficult conversations, with professionalism, poise, and kindness
- Creating an environment where clear and fair expectations are set, and all employees are treated with respect
- Preparing planograms and training to support store team and following up to check store accuracy
- Maintaining all visual merchandising directives
- Managing fixture inventory to fulfill store activations
- Fielding visual merchandising as needed
- Effectively leading and mentoring the field teams to execute visual merchandising needs
- Creating and delivering seasonal presentation workshops, meetings, and conference calls with field team to support key initiatives and opportunities
- Conducting store visits with appropriate business partners to review reinforce compliance with visual merchandising standards and provide further development of teams
- Planning and managing tester unit inventory based on new door opening and update strategy
- Strategically managing shipping, delivery and installation dates with retail, vendors, regional brand partners and field teams
- Conducting post-launch follow-ups to address punch list items and ensure final installs match design intent and meet high-quality Company standards
- Identifying opportunities to improve customer’s in-store experience and connect brands across Surterra Wellness Stores
- Ensuring a best-in-class experience exists for customers through the effective execution of training across all positions at Retail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Merchandising, Marketing or related field required
- Minimum 3 years of Field Visual Merchandising experience with and emphasis in a multi-retailer / manufacturer’s environment required
- 3-5 years of demonstrated project management experience with successful outcomes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook
- Sketch Up and Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred; ability to create and modify retail plan-o-grams
- Retail Floor planning software experience preferred.
- Ability to identify displays/fixtures needed for Visual Merchandising; working with existing manufacturers on design and execution of visual elements
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Ability to create and manage timelines to ensure successful project outcomes
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Retail and cannabis industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate problems
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.