Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) (“Curaleaf”) is a leading U.S. provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a vertically integrated, high-growth cannabis operator known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 96 dispensaries, 23 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 3,000 team members across the United States. Curaleaf is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol CURA and trades on the OTCQX market under the symbol CURLF. For more information please visit www.curaleaf.com.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the work they do and will help support our company vision “To be the world’s leading cannabis company by leading the world in cannabis education, accessibility, and customer satisfaction with high-quality products backed by science.” You will have an opportunity to be recognized for your talent and expertise while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives in support of our Mission “To improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption.”
The Propagation Manager is a role that requires a hands-on approach devoting a majority of each day to assist the Cultivation Director in shaping the mother stock program and propagation functions. The Propagation Manager will work with the shared service departments, inspecting the grow and propagation room, and insuring that the technicians are following procedures and meeting the specified requirements set forth by the Cultivation Site Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify Mother plant deficiencies and adjust feed schedules as needed.
- Ensuring the Mother grow area is clean and correct issues that exist.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate supply levels through inventory based tracking and proper inventory flow.
- Inspect mother plants daily looking for issues that arise; Report back to the Cultivation Management Teams (IPM, Fertigation, Etc.) on all findings in the grow.
- Managing plant-based tasks scheduling to project all needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Make suggestions to increase the health and function of the Mother Stock Program.
- Assist in managing the team of employees responsible for the Mother Stock Areas.
- Manages all propagation operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing the specified SOP, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Closely monitor, train, and audit all task-based activities within propagation to ensure goal achievement of 80% rooting success.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all the tasks including cloning, transplanting, irrigation and plant nutrition, defoliation techniques, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, waste disposal, and inventory management
- Assist the Phenological Selection program supervisor in collecting data on various mother stock strains for the purposes of genetic selection and production line improvements. Cataloging and analyzing each individual strain from clone to flower
- Orchestrate the flow of inventory through transplanting, disposal, “jammed and spaced” techniques, and overall inventory flow.
- Delegate tasks to staff and assist in maintaining a compliant and clean facility, and organized work environment.
- Help identify and react to all incidents regarding safety and complianc
- Have a basic knowledge of a cannabis operation and a fundamental knowledge of plant science and plant physiology
- Understand all tools and equipment needed to run the Indoor cultivation facility
- Propagation Manager is responsible for all administrative functions regarding attendance, disciplinary actions, coaching, and performance evaluations for the entire Mother Stock and Propagation staff.
- Implement safety practices and considerations
- Implement continuous improvement strategies increasing overall efficiencies
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general educations degree (GED), Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science or related field or at least 5 years’ experience in plant production; Experience in propagation, planting/transplanting, irrigation, plant fertility, and leadership of teams from 10-30 individuals.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.