Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent, and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
The Propagation Technician carries out the day-to-day activities in our cultivation facility, including cloning and harvesting. The Propagation Technician efficiently and effectively cares and propagates plants to ensure plants are at their optimum health to provide a high-quality product.’
- Execute properly trained techniques and/or any other specialized requirements such as cloning, pruning, transplanting, watering, cleaning, spraying.
- Responsible for monitoring spacing, air circulation, and sun/shade exposure and effectively maintained plants in optimum health.
- Responsible for the vitality and health of the plants by monitoring, scouting, and reporting pests and diseases.
- Learn and follow protocols for plant systems.
- Participate in harvest and processing if needed.
- Take instruction and assist with tasks delegated by the management team.
- Use, maintain and operate equipment in the facility.
- Ensure the daily compliance policies are followed, but not limited to compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols, and dress code.
- Maintain a continuous focus on safety, injury prevention in all aspects of production work.
- Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the production area and facility at all times, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure.
- Fundamental knowledge and the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to harvesting, drying, trimming and curing.
- Relevant experience in a nursery setting or other related work environment.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Accuracy and consistency are a must
- Able to work in environment with varying temperatures
Strong attention to detail and excellent time-management skills.
Skill in analyzing potential problems with plants.
Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus
Organization, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes
Ability to build good relationships.
Strong team player
Willingness to learn and develop
Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
This position operates in cultivation and manufacturing environments. This role routinely uses cultivation processing equipment and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. Must be able to individually lift up to 25 lbs. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours, frequent weekend work and flexible hours as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or G.E.D equivalent is required
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
One and one-half to two years of experience in a nursery setting or other related work.
Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The company will ask you to help out in other departments depending on company needs. This means that you may not always work in the department that you were hired, teamwork and getting product out to patients is the goal and this means helping out where you are needed is crucial to your success as well as the company’s success.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.