Purchasing Coordinator – MedMen – Eustis, FL
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
The Purchasing Coordinator will be responsible for daily tasks that support the purchasing needs of the facility. This Coordinator must be organized, detail-oriented and be able to effectively initiate, facilitate and track purchase orders according to the Purchasing Policy and Standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Become the purchasing subject matter expert (SME) for the plant. Keep current on any purchasing policy changes, etc. and communicate as appropriate.
- Own the purchasing process for the plant, which includes:
- Create PO/Check/Credit Card/Contract requests
- Reviews all purchase orders for compliance with purchasing policy and procedures before sending to DocuSign for signature and review
- Submits approved POs with required documentation
- Track and document when orders are received
- Follow up with appropriate people and departments as needed to ensure follow through of each order.
- Update Field Operations Purchase Tracker on a daily basis (20-30 orders per day to ensure proper record from all departments (Cultivation, Manufacturing, Q&A, etc.).
- Source vendors for department requests as needed.
- Coordinates with management to ensure Cashflow is up to date on a weekly basis.
- Is timely in following up on contracts and checking on back ordered items.
- Initiate and track recurring orders to ensure plant does not run out of business-critical items. This includes relaying updates to quantities, etc. prior to next recurring order placement.
- Responsible for updating the Vendor Tracker.
- Train new employees on the process as needed.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a warehouse and office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days of work are Monday through Friday with 8 hours each day.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in business administration, supply chain, or relevant field OR comparable work experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Possesses strong negotiation skills
- Has good verbal and written communications skills
- Is capable of staying within a given budget
- Has good math skills and is quickly able to calculate the cost of goods and services
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.