Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Quality Control (QC) Inspector will report to the Manager, QA Inventory, Testing and Distribution and will support the execution of the Quality Assurance & Compliance (QA&C) program by executing QC inspections as a member of the “front-line” Cultivation or Production process. The QC inspector is an integral role to ensuring that product is safe, compliant, and of the highest quality, and that our processes operate according to quality standards.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Executes “front-line” Quality Control (QC) inspections using pre-defined specification sheets and checklists.
- Inspects raw materials, finished products, and equipment settings to ensure conformity with written specifications.
- Observes and monitors daily operations to ensure standards are met.
- Escalates deviations in quality to the QA Specialist and QA Manager using pre-defined deviation reporting forms.
- Retains inspection data in the specified repository.
- Uses critical thinking skills to recommend process improvements.
- Supports the Quality Assurance (QA) program by providing QA management with qualitative/quantitative data through Quality Control (QC) inspections and reporting of results.
- Responsible for recording any defects or deviations from internally established specifications and reporting non-conformances to Quality Assurance management.
- Responsible for physically examining products, materials, and processes, as well as conducting various quantitative and qualitative testing to ensure product specifications are met.
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance or Quality Control experience
- Prior experience working with quality control in a manufacturing setting (preferably federally regulated consumer packaged goods)
- Must understand discretion and be able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately
- Experience with problem solving and corrective action reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and challenging environment
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously; focusing on both short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.