If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a “blue-collar” manufacturing-based operation-oriented work place and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
The Quality Lead will be responsible for the coordination and effective scheduling of workers to meet targets and quality standards. Responsibilities will include the training of staff in production methods, safety, policies and procedures, as well as the identification and correction of potential work problems, health and safety issues.
Quality Lead Job Duties:
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Overseeing and coordinating daily prioritization of QC testing
- Manage and direct activities and resources of the quality department to meet company objective of producing highest quality product.
- Ensure product is manufactured in accordance with the proper Standard Operating Procedure’s (SOP)
- Continuous Improvement to maximize product quality and minimize costs.
- Participating on teams as the Quality Control Liaison as required
- Provide feedback and evaluations as needed
- Approving or rejecting raw materials, in process and finished goods according to company specifications
- Train employees as required
- Monitor training plan and matrix as required ensuring ongoing compliance and staff proficiency.
- Assist with management of critical programs such as stability program, reduced testing program, environmental services, retained samples, etc.
- Maintain and improve level of quality by managing and implementing inspection criteria and procedures of quality control inspections in manufacturing and job sites consistent with all applicable standards and specifications.
- Take active role in investigating and resolving problems related to quality, including sourcing substitute materials and/or suppliers.
- Analyze statistical data to determine trends and implement corrective actions as required.
- Responsible for calibration of instruments and certification of testing equipment, gauges, and scales.
- Communicate and coordinate objectives with manufacturing personnel and departments to improve the manufacturing process to be more cost effective by maintaining continuous high-standards of quality to minimize rejection of product.
- Ensure product is manufactured in accordance with established best practices, procedures, to meet customer/contractual obligations and in compliance with regulatory codes and standards.
- Staff selection/development – ensure staff has appropriate qualifications, knowledge to meet objectives.
- Performs other duties as required.
Quality Inspector Skills and Qualifications:
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training
- Knowledge of cGMP/CFR 21
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self‐directed capable of multi‐tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership abilities and the capability of motivating a diverse team.
- Able to interface directly with cross‐functional teams.
- Extremely detail‐oriented and analytical thinker.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- A well‐defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Well‐developed problem-solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Able to find new methods and principles and ability to incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access) and be able to handle working with multiple programs.
- Ability to read/write English at a proficient level.
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Salary will be commensurate with experience; rate of pay is $15.00/hour. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 50 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company