Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist – Cultivation and Production will report to the Quality Assurance Manager – Cultivation and Production and will support the implementation and execution of the market’s Quality Assurance and Compliance (QA&C) programs. This includes the assessment, identification, and control of all elements of risk within the Cultivation and Production processes for the Lakeland, FL production facility.
- Supports the implementation and execution of operational Quality Assurance (QA) and internal controls programs within the Wimauma, FL Cultivation and Production departments.
- Supervise Quality Control (QC) Inspections to ensure effective execution and design of QC audits
- Monitor site-wide processes for lifecycle changes and work with inter-departmental business partners to initiate and execute change management.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for applicable regulatory, policy, and standard operating procedure requirements to the market.
- Support workplace risk assessment and risk management initiatives.
- Conduct inspections and audits of facilities, processes, internal controls, and training programs for the market to facilitate continuous improvement of quality processes.
- Support issue management programs to help ensure timely and effective response and mitigation of risk affecting the market, including key performance indicator (KPI) reporting.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to initiate root cause analysis (RCA) and corrective and preventative action plans (CAPA).
- Lead special projects and assignments at the direction of the QA Manager or Director, Operational QA & Compliance.
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years Manufacturing Quality Assurance or Quality Control experience, preferably in a highly regulated market.
- Strong understanding of quality management principles.
- Previous experience developing, implementing, and managing QA/QC programs including risk assessments, documentation and evaluation of controls, and issue management (including executions of Corrective Action Plans)
- Previous experience with third-party certifications (ISO, GMP, SQF, NSF, etc) – preferred.
- Must understand discretion and be able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately.
- Strong communication, research, analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and challenging environment.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously; focusing on both short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing, to be registered as an employee of a licensed organization in the assigned market.
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.