Quality Assurance Specialist I (Third Shift) – MedMen – DeLand, FL
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
Assist with tasks related to quality and safety of finished products, excipients, packaging materials, ingredients, and processing methods. Ensure Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) are followed and product safety practices are adhered to.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor all QA/QC processing paperwork hourly. Insure proper information, date, signature and relevant information is on processing batch records, data sheets, computer (where applicable) and quality monitoring documents.
- Monitor production and cultivation operator paperwork. Insure proper information, date, signature and validity of information.
- Confirm that facility GMP/GAP and Product Safety audit procedures are properly carried out and assigned work schedules are maintained.
- Review and confirm accuracy of all batch records and batch testing results.
- Inspect, and release all materials received for use of production of finished goods.
- Verify product lot coding information is correct during manufacturing/labeling/processing
- Communicate to Quality Manager or other management (in their absence) when critical quality issues arise.
- Assist in development of special department projects and work in conjunction with manager, quality assurance services.
- Retrieve and review external finished product testing results (In house lab, 374 Labs, etc.)
- Assisting the management team and provide QA support as necessary.
- Monitor HACCP documentation. Verify HACCP verifications are complete for all products hourly.
- Monitor all label documentation, date codes, print issues and compliance.
- Perform label verification for Metrc labeling, records, and sign documentation to verify compliance to requirements.
- Monitor inbound packaging quality in conjunction with Inventory Control Department
- Verify that all paperwork is correct for the line and/or product being run. Verify that all specification sheets, data and conformance information is correct for the product / line.
- Communicate product safety issues as they occur
- Sample retrieval delivered to the lab or escort the 3rd party lab so that they may obtain their samples.
- Assist Laboratory team with sample preparation following Good Laboratory Practices
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory agencies and third-party audits.
- Review and recommend disposition of held raw material, cannabis waste, WIP and finished products.
- Provide proper atmosphere for employee attitudes and morale.
- Perform hygiene swabs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Performance Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional facility environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. A large portion of the work will be performed in the plant where the noise may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Must be available to work 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. (hours may vary) for third shift with some overtime and weekend hours expected.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 1-2 years of experience in field, laboratory, cultivation or production quality control.
- High School diploma or General Education Diploma is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
Preferred Education and Experience
- Team leader experience is a plus
- FOCUS knowledge is a plus
- BioTrac knowledge is a plus
- Serv Safe (obtainment within 90 days of employment)
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position does not approve visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.