Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: QA Supervisor or Team Lead
FLSA Status: Regular Full-Time
Location: Midway, Fl
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for conducting visual scans on products in effort to assure quality and safety of products intended for consumers. QA Techs will be responsible for tracking the weight of each sample and keeping track of what cultivar is currently being worked on. Additionally, QA Techs will be required to safely handle and separate any adulterated product that is found during scans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct visual inspections of cannabis for organic and inorganic adulterants and defects.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs and inputting data into quality database.
- Keep equipment (i.e. scales, tools, etc) in good, working order.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs), adhering to cGMP SOPs, and complying with legal regulations
- Maintains and ensures that proper PPE is utilized and changed out regularly, or as needed
- Provide Feedback as needed
- Performs other duties as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Detail Oriented
- Coachable and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to focus and avoid distractions
- Comfortable operating digital scales
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic math and reading comprehension
- Organizational skills
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Per state law, must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 40lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace