As a Quality Assurance (QA) Technician, you will be responsible for assisting with quality-related activities including start-up verification, in-process verification & checks, BMR and documentation reviews, sampling, and inspection of finished products. Products include cannabis flower, cannabis oil, infused products (concentrates, capsules, lotions, tinctures, vapes, etc.) and food products (chocolate, gummies, lozenges, etc.). This position will also help ensure products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications and brand consistency. You will also assist in identifying potential quality risks and working with operations personnel to develop improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail and experience working within a highly regulated industry.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
– Performs finished product sampling and inspection
– Performs equipment and product line clearances before production runs
– Performs in-process verification to ensure product weights, correct labeling & packaging
– Performs verification on finished products
– Inspects retain samples and customer return samples, as deemed necessary
– Assists in customer complaints and product investigations, helping to assess risk, identify root cause and quarantine product
– Inspects packaged orders to ensure correct content and quantities, as deemed necessary
– Reviews in-process batch documentation to ensure real-time compliance to product specifications, good documentation practices and written policies/procedures
– Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Safe Quality Foods guidance
– Conducts all duties in compliance with safety rules, applicable SOPs, and other applicable guidelines
– May require travel to other states or facilities to assist with inspections or quality issues
Required Experience, Education and Skills:
– Bachelors Degree, 1-3 years’ experience or Associate Degree, 5+ years’ experience
– Prior experience in highly regulated industry. Highly desirable: healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), cannabis. Highly desirable: FDA, HACCP, SQF experience
– Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control function
– Prior experience with product sampling, inspection procedures, customer complaints, product investigations, and CAPA
– Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures
– Ability to create or update written procedures with site operations personnel
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Utilizes critical thinking to troubleshoot issues, work collaboratively with a team to brainstorm solutions, and implement improvement solutions
– Must be flexible and able to work long hours and weekends as required
– Able to adapt in a quick and positive manner
– Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and requests
– Must be 21 years of age or older
– Must comply with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry
– Ability to stand throughout extended periods, must be capable of squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the workday
– Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media.
– Strong decision-making, analytical and organizational skills
– Thorough understanding of state and local medical marijuana laws and how they apply to the operations
– COVID-19 considerations: For the safety of you and the team, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods every day. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work 6 days a week and evening shifts if required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be standing indoors and frequently exposed to laboratory conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location