Quality Control Lab Technician – Curaleaf – Miami, FL
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) is the leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator in the United States. It is a high-growth cannabis company with a national brand known for quality, trust and reliability. The company is positioned in highly populated, limited license states, and currently operates in 12 states with 42 dispensaries, 12 cultivation sites and 11 processing sites. Curaleaf has the executive expertise and research and development capabilities to provide leading service, selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets, as well as the CBD category through its Curaleaf Hemp brand.
Responsible for performing an inspection of all products coming in and going out of the facility and properly maintains equipment.
- Support the quality control operation and ensure adherence to Good Laboratory Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and safety regulations.
- Perform required analytical bench chemistry for analytical samples.
- Set up and conduct basic laboratory activities including: sample prep, analyzing raw materials, in-process, and finished product using UPLC instrumentation.
- Prepare reagents, solvents, and solutions for analytical activities as needed.
- Documentation of analytical data in the appropriate spreadsheets, report test results, maintain records according to the quality program.
- Execute the maintenance, calibration, data analysis, troubleshooting and maintenance of the analytical instrumentation.
- Monitor the use and inventories of laboratory chemicals, reagents and supply.
- Disposes of controlled materials according to standard operating procedures.
- Assist in the developing of new standard operating procedures, continuous improvements of in house methods and quality controls.
- Work laboratory tracking and record keeping functions within the seed to sale electronic system in compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Perform microbial testing on raw materials and finished products as needed.
- Perform environmental testing on processing and cultivation facilities.
- Assists in maintaining accurate records of consumable inventory and proper amounts in stock.
- Performs daily tasks required (Ex. balance calibrations, temperature logs, etc..
- Maintains a clean work environment by cleaning/sanitizing surfaces and glassware daily.
- Maintains and follows all laboratory SOPs and GDP practices.
- Assists with common laboratory practices following cGMP and GDP practices.
- Adheres to cGMP, GLP, and HIPAA compliance standards
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a natural science such as Chemistry, Biology or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of state and local laws.
- Understanding of proper and safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience preparing, running, and analyzing samples on UPLC.
- Knowledge of cGMP and GLP practices.
- Experience running and operating laboratory equipment (pH meter, sonicator, etc.).
- Experience in Microbiological and Environmental Testing.
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer