The QC Technician will work under direction of the Senior Manager of Quality Assurance and/or Department Lead to develop, implement, manage, and continually improve the GrowHealthy quality and product programs. This position will primarily be focused on the Extraction and Distillate Process and will later cross-train to Cultivation and Packaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects in-process and/or finished products for conformance to quality assurance standards for both extraction and dry products
- Production record keeping including (verification of batch records, labeling process for finished product, calibration of scales and equipment, in process material checks.)
- Assist in monthly GMP/Sanitation/Security inspections and follow up on corrective actions
- Perform quality checks on incoming materials
- Assist with document control and change management as necessary
- Assist in investigating consumer complaints by determining root cause, implementing corrective actions and preventive measures, responding to complaints in the required timeframe, and analyzing complaint trends.
- Initiate and conduct Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) investigations.
- Maintain all quality compliance records.
- Assist in training all plant employees on the procedures for their departments
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform other duties as needed and requested by the Quality Assurance Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong knowledge of cGMPs and related FDA guidance documents.
- Experience with computerized document management systems and SOP development required
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint required
- Proficiency in English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Requires flexibility and ability to multi-task.
Education & Qualifications
- AA Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. High school diploma required.
3-5 years lab experience with strong chemistry knowledge required.
- Required to pass a Florida Department of Law Enforcement Level 2 Background Screening
- Must be 21 years of age
Percentage of Work Time Spent on Activity
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift to 50lbs
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about departments
- Physical Demands
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift max of 25lbs
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time (i.e. gloves, lab coat, hair net, mad, etc.)
- Appropriate grooming for work environment (no jewelry, hair must be tied back, no hair outside of PPE)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days will be based on the needs of the business.
- Availability to work second shift hours with little or no notice is required
- Overtime will be required based on the needs of the business.
- Holiday and weekend work will be required based on the needs of the business.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GrowHealthy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrowHealthy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrowHealthy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.