Position: Quality Engineer
Job Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Engineer works closely with production personnel and quality personnel on the production floor providing guidance on quality decisions and assisting with investigating discrepancies. The Quality Engineer will also be engaged in the development of quality processes and procedures and develop/ monitor quality metrics.
- Designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
- Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develops experiments to determine best methods.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Develop and implement procedures.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Strong statistical process control experience.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates in MRB.
- Analyzes customer complaints.
- Provides support during cGMP and ISO audits.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Must be able to pass a Level 2 background screening
- Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering, statistics or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive control and quality plans.
- Ability to analyze data and create and review processes.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Very strong technical proficiency – must be able to use computers and generate reports.
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- ISO and/ or cGMP experience a plus.
- ASQ certification(s) a plus.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Travel to cultivation sites may be required.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the essential functions of the job described. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and its requirements. Management reserves the right to reassign duties and responsibilities as business needs deem necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace